MoCo WoMen founder Lisa Fuller and Executive Director Annie De Meo are amazing women who share our goals to reach out to other groups in the state, share ideas, templates and workshops, attend each others’ meetings, and create connections with other large groups of activists working to defeat Gov. Hogan and promote a more progressive agenda for Maryland in 2018.
We have invited the MoCoWoMen to join the AA Huddle Network Grassroots Workspace Forum to utilize our workspace and share ideas and resources.
MoCo WoMen’s mission is to support a participatory government that ensures all citizens enjoy the freedom and individual civil rights guaranteed to “we the people” by the United States Constitution.
MoCo WoMen see themselves as a vehicle to educate the electorate:
- Speakers from Planned Parenthood and Emerge.
- Help other areas, ex: Andy Harris Kent Island/Eastern Shore and reach out to Frederick to support their grassroots efforts.
- Build relationships with candidates and representatives.
- Strengthen skill sets thru workshops, techniques to communicate with electorate with opposing/uninformed info.
South County – SoCo Huddle came about through Women’s March Huddles, connected to Anne Arundel Huddle Network https://aahuddle.org
SoCo Huddle see themselves as a community action group:
- Community Outreach through community volunteerism to meet and connect with the county’s working poor/immigrants.
- Create a dialogue that informs these voters that voting Republican goes against their best interest; discuss our shared values.
- Learn and teach members about strategies and methods for talking with opposite minded voters – SURJ/ Citizen’s Climate Lobby.
- Help draft/influence legislation to support our goals for the state and county.
- Utilize Anne Arundel Huddle Network Grass Roots Workspace Forum to research/connect with others doing the same work/limit redundancy.
- Support women’s issues, health, domestic violence through research and assessing needs of women in our community.
BOTH GROUPS WANT TO:
- Expose Gov. Hogan’s weaknesses through all the actions for which he is erroneously taking credit.
- Have people understand Gov. Hogan not through sympathy.
- Publicize facts of Hogan Administration.
- Share work/research/info on various topics.
- Utilize aahuddle.org Grass Roots Workspace to connect with like-minded, like focused people in other parts of the state.
- Create/combine techniques to talk logically and effectively to opposite views.
- Create common ground for change, using Harvard Lecture Series shared values ideas to create dialogue with respect.
- Share workshops/ideas/templates that work in other groups.
- Attend each others meetings.
- Share info/ideas/events.
- Create an event to work on together.
1. LIST OF FACTS ABOUT GOV. HOGAN
- Marketing/Advertising Campaign to Educate Voters Across the State.
- WISE Severna Park, Action Annapolis, AA Huddle Network, SoCo, Laurel, Bowie, Kent Island, Baltimore, Frederick, Calvert.
2. CREATE A CANDIDATE’S QUESTIONNAIRE
3. CREATE A FORUM TEMPLATE FOR 2018 GUBERNATORIAL RACE TO SHARE ACROSS STATE
- Have the forum take place in a variety of places across the state.
4. CREATE A COMPREHENSIVE STRATEGY TO DISSEMINATE FINDINGS
- TV, Radio, Social Media, Internet Ads, Huddles, Women’s Groups, Indivisible, Resist, Move On, Progressive MD, etc.
- Effective Marketing vs.10 years of Republican propaganda and brainwashing.
- Factual, logical, positive, problem solving, common ground, promoting change.